Controversial Nigerian investigative journalist, Kemi Olunloyo, has taken to social media to point fingers at the American broadcasting network, CNN for stealing her investigative work on the Lekki tollgate shooting.
This comes after CNN released a documentary on the Lekki shooting incident which occurred last month, October 20 detailing how military personnel opened fire on the peaceful Endsars protesters leaving many dead and the others injured.
Taking to her Twitter handle, Dr Kemi Olunloyo went ahead to address the news network in a lengthy write up for plagiarising her work without giving credits to whom it is due.
Read her post below:
It is a shame that Nigerians do not value my work just because I’m an independent Journalist with no funding. @CNNAfrica stole footage from many Nigerians, didn’t credit anyone, pieced them together and turned it to their own story. #ijlekkimassacre is my Investigation #EndSARS
I will address @CNNAfrica today and how they plagiarized my investigation #ijlekkimassacre brainwashing Nigerians using their power of International fame and money to defame local Journalists at @PremiumTimesng @ARISEtv @GazetteNGR @KemiOlunloyo
Lekki shooting, Lekki Massacre, Lekki tollgate #Endsars
Everything @CNNAfrica ‘s video was already investigated by local Journalists and @AmnestyNigeria but Nigerians flock to the international sensational ones. I started screaming that the bodies of #endsars protesters the army left with were being hidden all over. #ijlekkimassacre
I accused Reddington hospital of hiding bodies from people looking to identify corpses. An anonymous employee told me they were working with the army. @SaharaReporters did a bulk of the Investigation tracking bodies to Bonny Camp and when the panel got there, they moved them.
Where was @CNNAfrica when I started crying out for the bodies? @AmnestyNigeria said 12, @SaharaReporters said 20, @PremiumTimesng found several in the water @GazetteNGR @ARISEtv also posted investigations. Now Lagos State is RELEASING BODIESEyesFace with rolling eyes #LekkiMassacre #ijlekkimassacre
I was the 1st Journalist to Investigate how they moved & hid bodies before any DAMN
@CNNAfrica See time on my tweet. Nigerians were focusing on the army’s #Fakenews posts. CNN stole uncredited footage and ideas. BODIES NOW AVAILABLEAngry face I tracked them.
The day before 20/10/20
@CNNAfrica was silent. CNN kept quiet on the plight of the protesters but wanted the spotlight when their lives were ruined.
Check out her post from here:
It is a shame that Nigerians do not value my work just because I'm an independent Journalist with no funding. @CNNAfrica stole footage from many Nigerians, didn't credit anyone, pieced them together and turned it to their own story. #ijlekkimassacre is my Investigation #EndSARS
— Dr Kemi Olunloyo??️? (@KemiOlunloyo) November 19, 2020