News

Oleksandr Usyk Says Anthony Joshua’s Warning Shots Were “Nothing Special”

Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr

Advertisement



Inside the Tottenham Hotspurs stadium in London, The White Hart Lane, Anthony Joshua loses all the Heavyweight titles to Oleksandr Usyk, the Ukrainian professional. September 25, 2021, is a day Anthony Joshua will remember with grieves.

This fight was mandatory for Anthony Joshua after the clash of the Titans collapsed last year. It seems clear that Anthony Joshua and Tyson Fury are dead and it is not going to happen any time soon.

With two defeats from 24 bouts, Anthony Joshua may have to call for a rematch. The enigmatic Oleksandr Osyk after the bout revealed that Anthony Joshua’s attack on him in the ring “was nothing special.”

Anthony Joshua and Oleksandr Usyk. Image credit: Twitter, mailonline

“The fight went the way I expected it to go. There were moments when Anthony pushed me hard but it was nothing special.

Advertisement



‘I had no objective to knock him out because my corner pushed me not to do that. In the beginning, I tried to hit him hard, but then I stuck to my job.”

Although a rematch is possible, Oleksandr Osyk says the priority now is to spend time with the family he has been away from them for almost two years. He stressed that he is not thinking of a rematch.

Anthony Joshua and Oleksandr Usyk. Image credit: Twitter, mismatch

“The only thing I wanted to do with this fight is to give praise to Jesus Christ.” Usyk told Sky Sports. 

‘I have been working so hard since January in preparation for this fight, it took me half a year and I didn’t see my family for so long. I missed seeing them playing. I want to go home and be happy with my family and I’m not thinking about the rematch.”

I'm a blogger and website developer who holds a diploma in Networking and Engineering.

Write A Comment